Posted by Jen T on June 2, 2020
Soaking up sunshine by the pool. Fishing with friends at the lake. Listening to the soft sounds of the surf with your toes in the sand.
Let’s be honest – no matter where you live, summertime may be a little different this year. But you can still find all kinds of fun and fresh ways to “take a dip” – even if you’re staying closer to home.
From delicious dips to dipping oils, here are 12 ways to keep it simple, kick back and keep your cool all summer long.
12 Delicious Ways to Take a Dip
1. Spinach & Herb Dip with Assorted Veggies. So creamy and cool, this classic dip is bursting with the garden-fresh flavors of dill, spinach and garlic. Pair it with colorful and crunchy veggies like sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes, and sliced sweet bell peppers.
You can even use cute clear cups or shooter glasses, so everyone can personalize their own. (It’s a great way to get kids to eat their veggies, too!)
2. Tex-Mex Beef Pinwheels. Looking for something a little heartier? Slice and serve these easy roll-ups, made with deli roast beef, creamy-cheesy dip and Southwestern spices.
3. Giddyup Tostada Dip. Who doesn’t love taco night?
Everyone will dive into this layered dip with creamy guacamole, refried beans, and fresh taco toppings – perfect with tortilla or corn chips.
4. Dill Pickle Dip. With the dill-icious taste of fresh pickles, this addictive dip is one my personal all-time summer favorites. Snack the day away with farm-fresh veggies like these …
Or take it center stage for dinner with this quick kid-friendly recipe: Dill Pickle Dip with Chicken Tenderloin Strips. It’s so good!
5. Dill Pickle Shrimp Bites. For easy appetizers, top cocktail rye squares or cucumber slices with a dollop of prepared Dill Pickle Dip. Add thinly sliced radishes and cooked shrimp, and voila!
I love to add a sprinkle of Garlic Pepper Seasoning, too.
6. Fiesta Dip & Chips. Like a little kick? Try this creamy Southwestern-style dip with diced tomatoes, chiles and Cheddar cheese, perfect for picnics and backyard barbecues.
7. Mediterranean Layered Dip. With creamy hummus, Kalamata olives and salty feta, this easy summer dip is divine with pita chips or fresh cucumbers.
8. Mini Cheesy Pimento Bites. Feeling a little fancy? Make these bite-sized cheese balls, rolled in bacon, chopped nuts and fresh cilantro. Aren’t they adorable?
9. Easy Antipasto Skewers. My super-simple secret to summertime cooking: dipping oils. Seriously, you’ll look like a restaurant chef in seconds. (And you don’t even have to turn on your oven.)
To make these beautiful little bites, simply stack grape tomatoes, salami cubes, mozzarella pearls and cucumber slices onto mini skewers. Brush ‘em with Balsamic & Basil Dipping Oil. That’s it!
10. Onion Onion Guacamole. Make your own fresh guacamole in 10 minutes, filled with creamy avocado, cilantro, lime juice and south-of-the-border spices.
11. Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Salsa with Chips. Sweet berries. Juicy kiwis. Crisp apples. Perfect for the backyard, this simple fruit salsa makes a delicious no-cook dessert.
12. Caramel S’more Dip. All the fun – even without the campfire! Dunk graham crackers into this warm and melty dessert dip, made with milk chocolate, mini marshmallows and buttery caramel.
Go ahead and take a dip, friends. Here’s to diving into summer!