Posted by Jen T on August 20, 2020
A little smoky. A little salty. A little sweet.
That’s right, friends … it’s National Bacon Lovers’ Day!
Now over the years, my family has grown used to me experimenting with different recipes and destroying our kitchen nearly every Sunday. Sometimes I make holiday truffles in July. Sometimes I make popsicles in January. They always shrug and roll with it.
But one thing makes their eyes light up every single time that it’s on the menu: bacon.
Thick-cut. Applewood. Slab. Hickory-smoked. You name it. Whatever your favorite may be, here are 13 delicious reasons to bring home the bacon (literally) this week and make the most of it!
13 Recipes for Bacon Lovers
1. Candied Spice Bacon. Sweet brown sugar. Freshly ground black pepper. Warm winter spices.
I kid you not – every year at my husband’s holiday office party, everyone fights over this crispy treat. Sometimes called “pig candy,” candied bacon is delicious as an appetizer or you can add it to BLTs, grilled cheese, wedge salads, Sunday brunch, or even a Bloody Mary bar.
2. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. Made with ground turkey and savory spices, this traditional family-style dinner gets a delicious upgrade with crispy bacon brushed with a bit of pure maple syrup.
3. Warm Bacon Kale Salad. Looking for something a little lighter? Enjoy a harvest of fresh garden veggies – like chopped kale, tomatoes, shallots and carrots – all tossed with a warm bacon vinaigrette.
4. Bacon & Veggie Egg Bake. Start your day with this make-ahead breakfast bake, packed with fresh spinach, button mushrooms, broccoli and bacon. It’s dairy-free, too!
5. Apple Berry Stuffed Chicken. Bring on those fall feels with these juicy chicken breasts filled with savory stuffing, wrapped in bacon, and glazed with a sweet spiced berry sauce.
6. Bacon Pepper Cream Cheese. So easy! All you need is a block of cream cheese and ½ cup of our smoky-spicy Bacon Pepper Jam for an instant appetizer.
It’s one of my all-time favorite weekend snacks with a box of Triscuits® for board game or movie night, too.
7. Smoky Bacon BBQ Shrimp. Smoky, saucy and simple, these BBQ shrimp make such a quick appetizer or delicious dinner paired with long-grain or wild rice.
8. Bacon-Wrapped Spinach & Herb Chicken. Make perfectly seasoned restaurant-worthy chicken at home – complete with a creamy herb filling.
Tip: Broil your chicken breasts for the last couple minutes to get the bacon extra crispy on top.
9. Bacon Pepper Meatloaf with Baked Potatoes. Love your Instant Pot? Put it to work with this homestyle meatloaf, loaded with bacony goodness and ready in record time.
Oh, and if you don’t have a pressure cooker, don’t worry! You can use a slow cooker instead – just heat it low and slow for 6 hours.
10. Avocado Bacon & Chicken Flatbread. For a 30-minute weeknight meal, try this delicious flatbread, topped with pulled chicken, crumbled bacon, chopped avocado and melty mozzarella.
11. Bacon & Vidalia Pork Chops. Fire up the grill with these tender marinated chops. By the way, these pair perfectly with grilled sweet corn, so make the most of it while it’s in season!
12. Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders. For a kid-friendly favorite, try these easy bite-sized sliders, filled with ground beef, Cheddar and crumbled bacon in sweet Hawaiian rolls. You can even add chopped pickles if you’d like.
13. Grilled Steak with Roulade Topping. And last but not least, this grilled sirloin is topped with a bright medley of sun-dried tomatoes, smoky-sweet bacon, wilted spinach and fresh mushrooms. You’ll look like a gourmet chef, but it’s so simple to make!
Bon appetit, bacon lovers!