Posted by Guest Blogger on October 12, 2016
It’s the most wonderful time of year … yep, you guessed it, Halloween, my favorite holiday of all time. I have more Halloween decorations than any other holiday! I love picking out Halloween costumes for my daughters and myself, deciding on the perfect candy for our trick-or-treaters (something I won’t eat ahead of time), decorating the house and yard, carving pumpkins with the family, and of course baking up some sweet treats with a little Halloween pizzazz!
I am also super lucky that both of my daughters have birthdays around Halloween, so until they are old enough to tell me otherwise they get a combined birthday party … that is usually Halloween themed. Last year I used our Halloween Entertaining Collection for their party food and décor ideas, so I was thrilled to see it return again this year. This year’s Halloween Collection is even more adorable than last year’s, and I fell head over heels in LOVE with these adorable Candy Corn Brownies. With the addition of the Pumpkin Caramel Sauce on top of the Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix they are they are so frightfully delicious and cute!
At first I was slightly intimidated by the sprinkle decoration. I wondered how I was going to get each color of sprinkles in perfect circles around my brownie … but once I started it just came together so quickly. I just went slow and took my time (about 2 minutes, to be exact) and quickly figured out that wasn’t hard at all and you don’t need it to be perfect to be adorable.
So what happens if you are not as big a Halloween fan as I am? Well, we can’t be friends anymore, obviously – but if you still want brownies you could decorate them for any occasion. A rainbow pattern would be fun, or maybe some actual candy corn candies with a little drizzle of Pumpkin Caramel Sauce … the options are endless. Or you could just eat them without decorations; they would still be yummy.
I wish for you a spooky and fun Halloween!
Candy Corn Brownies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- Yellow decorative sugar sprinkles
- Orange decorative sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare Truffle Fudge Brownie Mix according to package directions using butter and eggs.
- Pour batter into a greased 10-inch springform pan or round cake pan. Spread with warmed Creamy Caramel Sauce. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Carefully remove from pan and place on serving platter; frost. Decorate with sugar sprinkles, leaving a white circle in the center and creating an orange ring and yellow outer ring. Cut into 12 wedges.
Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead: Prepare through step 3. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days ahead.
Tips and Hints
- If you are using a smaller springform pan or round cake pan you may need to increase the baking time slightly.
- Leave a bigger white frosting circle in the middle of your design for a more even candy corn look once the brownies are cut.