Posted by Jen T on February 27, 2020
There are so many sweet surprises in Tastefully Simple’s NEW Spring-Summer Catalog.
But my personal favorite: Strawberry Shortcake Cheese Ball Mix. Swirling with the sweetness of fresh-picked strawberries and cream, this blushing beauty is perfect for springtime.
And whether you’re looking for something special for spring entertaining or easy ideas for your Easter table, here are seven sweet and simple ways to mix it up!
7 Recipes for Strawberry Shortcake Cheese Ball Mix
1. Strawberry Shortcake No-Bake Cheesecake. Slice into this luxuriously silky-smooth cheesecake, topped with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh strawberries. It only needs a few ingredients!
Try it with a shortbread or chocolate cookie crumb crust, too. So easy, you don’t even have to turn on the oven!
2. Shortcake Stuffed Strawberries. Planning a bridal or baby shower this spring? These pretty-in-pink, perfectly poppable strawberries are a great way to impress your guests.
Tip: Cut off the bottom tip of the strawberries to create a flat surface, so they stand up nicely. Oh, and I like to use a melon baller to scoop them out!
3. Strawberry Shortcake Fruit Pizzas. For a kid-friendly favorite, whip up these mini fruit pizzas, made with fresh-baked sugar cookies, creamy strawberry filling and chopped fresh fruit.
They’ll add a bright splash of color to your spring table, too.
4. Strawberry Shortcake Shooters. Want something fresh and fun – without any fuss? Layer wine glasses or clear dishes with these luscious mini trifles, complete with crushed buttery grahams.
5. Strawberry Kiwi Tartlets. Easy and elegant, these bite-sized desserts are filled with creamy filling, diced kiwi and chopped strawberries – all in cute little phyllo cups.
So delicate and darling, aren’t they?
6. Bunny Fresh Fruit Platter with Fruit Dip. If you’re looking for something special for Easter, put together this fun fruit platter that “everybunny” will love.
7. Funny Bunny Cheese Ball. And last but not least … what if you can’t make heads or tails of dessert? Keep it simple with a charming “bunny butt” cheese ball!
See the recipe here or follow the steps below:
Step 1: Mix 2 packets Strawberry Shortcake Cheese Ball Mix with 2 (8 ounce) packages softened cream cheese; chill 2 hours or until firm. Shape ¾ of the cheese ball mixture into a large ball. With the remaining amount, roll a small ball as a “tail” and two oval shapes as “feet” for the bunny.
Step 2: Roll the shapes in 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut until well-coated. To assemble, place the large cheese ball on a serving plate. Place the “tail” on top and gently place the ovals on the back as “feet,” flattening them slightly.
Step 3: For “toes,” press four pink candy-coated chocolates (e.g., pastel M&M®s) into each foot. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers or fresh fruit for dipping.
Now it’s your turn! Have you tried Strawberry Shortcake Cheese Ball Mix yet? Tell us what you think, and share your favorite sweet tips and hints with us for springtime.
From baskets to bunnies, we’re all ears! – Jen