Posted by Jen T on August 19, 2020
Need a little pick-me-up? Hitting the mid-afternoon slump every day around 3:00 pm? Or looking for easy afterschool snacks for the kids this fall?
From pinwheels to protein-packed smoothies, here are 11 deliciously different snacks – guaranteed to keep you going!
11 Secrets for Afternoon Snack Attacks
1. Chipotle Chile Pinwheels. Filled with deli turkey, ripe tomatoes, and a creamy schmear of smoky chipotle cheese, these quick and easy roll-ups make a great grab-and-go snack.
2. Cinnamon Berry Smoothie Snack. Good for you can taste good, too!
Try this tasty smoothie packed with fresh berries – plus anti-oxidants, protein and fiber. Oh, and it’s even dairy-free and paleo-friendly.
3. Tex-Mex Guacamole. Mix up your own fresh, homemade guac in seconds with only three ingredients.
It’s seriously the easiest guacamole EVER, and you can make a little – or a lot – at a time. (All you need is 2 Tbsp. Tex-Mex Simmer Sauce + 1 tsp. lime juice for every avocado.)
4. Cinnamon Almond Butter Apples. Crazy-busy day? Keep it simple with juicy apples, protein-packed almond butter and sprinkle of warm fall spices. This one is a kid favorite in our house, too!
5. Chipotle Chile Dip. Simply mix 1 packet Chipotle Chile Cheese Ball Mix with ¾ cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt and ¼ cup mayo. Boom – that’s it.
Dip in your favorite fresh veggies, like sugar snap peas, baby carrots and sliced cucumbers. It’s also delish with kettle chips or crackers.
6. Easy Garlic Parmesan Pretzels. Craving something salty? Buttery and crispy, these addictive baked pretzels are lightly sprinkled with cheesy Parmesan and savory herbs.
These are great for game night, too!
7. Sweet Caramel Snack Mix. Prefer something on the sweeter side? Try this snack mix loaded with peanuts, pretzels and popcorn – all drizzled with buttery caramel.
8. Chai Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie. Peanut butter. Bananas. Hearty oats. Warm spiced chai.
Even if you can’t make it to your local coffeehouse or smoothie shop right now, you can still make your own creamy version at home for an afternoon pick-me-up. It’s so good!
9. Black Bean & Cheese Taquitos. Have hungry teenagers at home? Filled with seasoned refried black beans and cheese, these baked taquitos make a delicious Mexican snack or side – complete with dipping sauce.
10. Rustic Herb Popcorn. So quick and easy! Your whole family will love this fresh-popped corn, tossed with herb butter and Parmesan cheese – ready in minutes.
11. Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips. And last but not least, stir up your own fruit salsa bursting with apples, blueberries and strawberries – perfect with fresh-baked cinnamon tortilla chips for dipping.
Have some of your own secrets for those mid-afternoon snack attacks? Share your ideas with us on Facebook, or tell us in the comments below. We’d love to hear about your favorite mixes and munchies!
Happy snacking, friends!