Posted by Jen T on September 17, 2021
Love the sizzle of stir-fry? Or fresh dishes with a little Asian inspiration?
At our house, my husband and I haven’t quite convinced the kids to try sushi yet. (We’ll keep trying. I’m holding out hope for the teenage years.) But over the past year, our boys have discovered a surprising new love for Chinese food, stir-fry meals, chicken satay skewers and even Bahn Mi sandwiches.
It’s opened up a whole new world of flavors for dinnertime, and frankly, it’s been a great way to get them to actually eat their vegetables – at least sometimes.
Stir-fry dishes in particular are one of our favorite weeknight dinners, since they tend to come together quickly. That’s why I was so excited when NEW Sesame Ginger Sauce made its premiere last month!
Thick and tangy, it’s a delicious fusion of fresh ginger, toasted sesame, brown sugar, garlic and a touch of sweet onions. From stir-fry to Asian-inspired appetizers, here are seven fun ways to stir it up!
Sesame Ginger Sauce: 7 Ways
1. Sesame Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry. Simple and sizzling, this weeknight stir-fry dish is bursting with the crisp veggies, tender chicken and your favorite Asian flavors. Plus, it’s ready in 20 minutes flat, from start to finish.
2. Sesame Ginger Beef Stir-Fry. Prefer steak over chicken? Try this hearty and savory skillet, sizzling with tender beef, sweet mini peppers, fresh green beans and sautéed onions. Serve over rice, noodles or zoodles.
You can even watch this video (straight from my kitchen!) to see how to make it step-by-step.
3. Wasabi Sesame Ginger Cheese Spread. Imagine all of your favorite Asian flavors – all in one easy appetizer.
So fresh with hints of ginger, wasabi and nutty sesame, this creamy spread is delicious with crispy rice crackers and crunchy fresh veggies. Seriously, you guys – it’s so good! My husband and I both love this one.
4. Sesame Ginger Boneless Chicken Wings. Two ingredients – that’s it!
If you’re in a hurry, this recipe is such a terrific shortcut. Simply bake 1 (24 ounce) package of frozen popcorn chicken as directed on the package. Then toss ‘em with ¾ cup Sesame Garlic Sauce for a quick and easy app, bursting with lip-smacking, garlicky goodness. Perfect for game day or Netflix-binging nights!
5. Sesame Ginger Chicken Wraps. Looking for a weekday lunch on the lighter side? Try these Asian-inspired wraps, loaded with shredded chicken, crunchy slaw and chow mein noodles. So simple. So good.
Pair ‘em with kettle chips, fresh fruit or veggies.
6. Orange Sesame Ginger Pork Tenderloin. This has become one of my favorite family dinners this fall. This juicy and succulent pork tenderloin is marinated with a sweet splash of orange juice, sesame, ginger and a hint of garlic. It’s super easy, too!
We served it with mashed potatoes and green beans at our house. I think it would be divine with sweet potatoes, too.
7. Sesame Ginger Chicken Wings. Love a little kick? Last but not least, toss together these saucy and zesty wings, spiced with Sriracha and a spicy fusion of bright flavors.