Posted by Jen T on September 24, 2021
Spiced pumpkin. Fresh-picked apples. Hearty chili.
When the temperatures start to fall, there are so many delicious ways to savor the flavors of autumn. From creamy soups to comforting desserts, here are 13 of our favorite reasons to stay in this fall!
13 Fall Favorites: Cozy Comfort Food
1. Wahoo! White Chicken Chili. It doesn’t quite feel like autumn until you have a warm kettle of chili, simmering on the stovetop. This creamy and cozy version is bubbling with tender chicken, cannellini beans, Cheddar cheese and mild green chiles.
Serve with tortilla chips, biscuits or thick slices of Bountiful Beer Bread® topped with sweet cream butter.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings. So creamy and delicious, this modern twist on classic chicken and dumplings is super easy. Just toss in the ingredients, and let your slow cooker do all the work.
3. Spiced Apple Berry Roasted Pork. Simple and succulent, this juicy pork loin is roasted with a rich ruby sauce, swirling with warm winter spices, sweet-tart apples, cherries and a hint of orange peel.
Perfect with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables!
4. Meatball Pizza Pasta Skillet. Savory Italian meatballs. Creamy ricotta cheese. Hearty pasta.
Perfect for chilly days, this bubbly skillet brings together all of your favorite flavors in one family-friendly dinner. Serve it with a Caesar salad and garlic breadsticks.
5. Chicken Enchilada Soup. Heat things up with this thick restaurant-style soup, simmering with chicken, black beans, corn and mild Tex-Mex seasonings.
Simply let it cook low and slow all day, and then make a build-your-own-bowl bar with crushed tortilla chips, chopped avocados or your other favorite toppings. (By the way, this easy recipe is rated five stars by a lot of busy moms – check out the reviews!)
6. Bountiful Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake. Can’t turn down a good casserole? Chase the chill away with this creamy baked dish, layered with chopped chicken, wild rice, ham and Swiss cheese – complete with a buttery beer bread topping.
7. Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. Change up your traditional meatloaf recipe with this home-style version made with ground turkey, wrapped with smoky-crispy bacon and lightly brushed with maple syrup.
Pair it with roasted Brussels sprouts or acorn squash. It’s so good!
8. Chicken & Broccoli Pot Pie. Filled with shredded chicken, broccoli, Cheddar cheese and creamy Alfredo sauce, this rustic one-dish dinner comes together with only a few ingredients.
If you (or your kiddos!) aren’t a fan of frozen mixed vegetables, it’s a delicious alternative to a traditional pot pie.
9. Garlic Pepper Beef Tips. Like stroganoff? You’ll love these meltingly tender beef tips, slow simmered with button mushrooms and a hint of sweet-tangy Balsamic.
Divine with egg noodles or mashed potatoes!
10. Ultimate Roast Pork with Pan Gravy. Made for Sunday dinners, this perfectly seasoned pork and simple gravy will be a hit with the whole family.
11. Skillet Peanut Butter Brownies. Don’t forget: dessert can be the best comfort food, too!
Baked in a cast iron skillet, these luscious brownies are swirled and twirled with creamy peanut butter filling. Enjoy ‘em warm with ice cream.
12. Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake. Prefer a sweet treat with your favorite fall spices? Slice into this marbled pumpkin cake, topped with a rich layer of lightly sweetened cream cheese.
Filled with sweet bits of apples and warm spices, this fresh-baked autumn version is drizzled with a whiskey cream sauce.
Cozy. Comforting. Classic. Whatever your favorite fall recipes may be, there have never been so many delicious ways to stay warm – and stay in!