Posted by Jen T on September 30, 2021
There are so many signature spices and sweet treats for fall. From spiced cheesecake to warm-from-the-oven apple crisp, here are 11 of our favorite ways to dish up delicious desserts – all autumn long!
11 Favorite Desserts for Fall
1. Nana’s Caramel Apple Cheesecake. With swirls of creamy cheesecake and buttery caramel, this fresh-baked apple cake is kissed with sweet cinnamon and autumn spices.
Seriously, it will make your whole house smell amazing while it’s baking. It’s one of my personal favorites for fall entertaining!
2. Chocolate-Hazelnut Pumpkin Loaf. Move over, Starbucks. Now you can make your own warm spiced pumpkin bread at home, dotted with milk chocolate chips and swirled with ribbons of chocolate-hazelnut spread.
Cozy up with a thick slice for dessert, or enjoy it for breakfast or brunch with a hot latte. Perfect for Nutella lovers!
3. Cranberry Orange Trifle. Festive and fruity, these gorgeous mini trifles are layered with whipped cream, tender citrusy cake cubes, spiced cranberries and a sprinkle of candied nuts.
Serve in individual wine glasses for entertaining, or take this dessert center stage in one clear glass trifle bowl on your fall table.
4. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake. Sinfully rich and perfect for peanut butter cup lovers, this luscious cheesecake comes complete with a fudgy brownie crust.
So easy and elegant for the holidays!
5. Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza. Going apple picking this fall? Whip up this autumn favorite, topped with chopped apples, pecans and buttery caramel. It’s a kid favorite, too!
6. Pumpkin Crème Brulee Pie. Now don’t get me wrong. I love a classic pumpkin pie. But close your eyes, and imagine the creaminess of pumpkin combined with the silky-smooth richness of crème brûlée.
YOU GUYS. It. Is. Heavenly.
7. Better Than Gramma’s Apple Crisp. Wholesome oats. Warm cinnamon. Baked apples. Just like the one your mom or grandma used to make, this farmhouse-style apple crisp is warm, bubbly and filled with the sweet comforts of home. And it’s SO easy to make – only four ingredients!
Instead of using a 9×13-inch pan, I baked mine in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
8. Cranberry Orange Biscotti. Perfect for dipping and dunking, these cute little cookies are made for curling up with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
If you prefer, you can add dark chocolate chips to your biscotti instead of white chocolate. Both versions are delicious!
9. Banana Caramel Pie. Ever heard of banoffee pie? It’s traditionally an English dessert made with bananas, caramel, whipped cream and a biscuit (a.k.a. cookie for those of us in America) crust.
With a cozy hint of chai, this creamy and delicious shortcut version has the same combination of blissfully buttery toffee and banana flavors – without all the work!
10. Chocolate Crème Brûlée Bars. Dark and decadent, these velvety bars are downright sinful. With a luscious chocolate filling and caramelized toffee topping, this easy and elegant dessert will become one of your favorites for entertaining.
Remember, you can find more than 600 delicious dessert recipes on Tastefully Simple’s website, too.
Whatever your favorite fall flavors may be, that’s pretty sweet!