Posted by Jen T on May 17, 2022
Fresh. Golden. Buttery.
Bountiful Beer Bread Mix® has been a beloved best-seller for decades, and it’s one of my family’s all-time favorites. Just add beer and butter. Bake. BOOM. That’s it! Your house will smell divine, and there’s fresh-baked bread on your table in less than an hour. It’s amazing with chili, soups, pastas, you name it.
But … did you know that it’s really easy to put a sweet twist on it, too? Simply use soda instead of beer, add a couple fun mix-ins, and you can make all kinds of delicious breakfast breads!
The biggest challenge: choosing your favorite.
This weekend I actually decided to put it to the test, rolling up my sleeves and baking a bunch of different recipes from Tastefully Simple’s website. While I used every single one of my loaf pans and made a total mess of my kitchen, my family absolutely loved every minute of it.
Here are some of our personal top picks!
Best Breakfast Breads: 6 Sweet Beer Bread Ideas
1. Monkey Beer Bread. Now, I’ll grant you: monkey bread is never the prettiest thing. But there’s something heavenly about those pull-apart layers of ooey-gooey, glorious cinnamon-sugar goodness. It’s always such a hit with kids, too!
Filled with brown sugar, butterscotch chips and chopped pecans, this comforting version is swirled and twirled with buttery caramel sauce. Enjoy it warm, right out of the oven.
2. Bartle Skeet Bread. So easy. So delicious. Dotted with sweet cinnamon chips, this quick breakfast bread is stirred up with a splash of citrus soda (aka Mountain Dew®).
3. Coconut Pineapple Bread. Love piña coladas? Try this tropical bread, sweetened with juicy pineapple and flaked coconut. Perfect for summertime!
We mixed it up with lemon-lime soda, which worked great.
4. Butterscotch Breakfast Bread. Warm, buttery and oh-so-butterscotchy, this beloved breakfast bread recipe has received more than 50 five-star reviews. It’s so easy, too!
Just add cream soda and butterscotch chips, and then top the batter with butter and sugar before baking. Skip the coffeehouse, and enjoy it at home with your morning coffee or orange juice.
5. Better Than Grandma’s Irish Bread. That’s right, friends – it’s not just for St. Patrick’s Day. You only need four ingredients to make this warm Irish soda bread, too.
I love to stir it up with buttermilk and dried cranberries, along with a little orange zest. Serve thick slices warm from the oven, topped with sweet cream butter.
6. Strawberry Cream Bread. Garden-ripe strawberries. Creamy white chocolate chips. Bubbly crème soda.
With the sweetness and charm of strawberries and cream, this cheery breakfast bread is baked with a sparkle of sugar on top. Any leftovers are fabulous for French toast, too.
What are some of your favorite tips and mix-ins? Let us know on Facebook and Insta – we’d love to hear your ideas! Remember, you can find lots of beer bread recipes on Tastefully Simple’s website, too.
Happy baking, friends!