Posted by Jen T on July 21, 2022
It’s National Tequila Day!
Wait … that’s a thing? Yes, it really is, my friends, and it’s a beautiful thing. Every year, National Tequila Day is observed on July 24 – giving tequila lovers everywhere the chance to celebrate one of the world’s oldest spirits.
Fun fact: tequila, as it’s known today, was created back in the 1600s when the first tequila license was issued by the king of Spain. While it’s now appreciated around the world, it’s made exclusively in Mexico!
6 Delicious Takes on Tequila
So what’s the best way to celebrate National Tequila Day, even if you can’t travel south of the border? From crisp margaritas to lime-kissed marinades with a little kick, here are six reasons to raise a glass – right at home!
1. Sweet Pepper Margarita Shrimp Cocktail. With succulent shrimp, sweet-sassy sauce and a touch of salt, this deliciously addictive appetizer is such a fun, fresh twist on traditional shrimp cocktail.
Add in a little splash of tequila, and it’s perfect for girls’ night or easy entertaining anytime!
2. Strawberry Breeze Margaritas. Pretty in pink, these sweet strawberry margaritas are the ultimate summer cocktail. So easy, all you do is add tequila and water.
Serve ‛em frozen or on the rocks in glasses rimmed with coarse salt, garnished with fresh berries. Tip: You can even get three margarita mixes for the price of two with Tastefully Simple’s Value Pack.
3. Fiesta Lime Chicken. Remember that popular restaurant dish from a famous neighborhood bar and grill? (Hint: it rhymes with Dappledee’s.) Now you can make your own version of this signature entree in your own kitchen.
Marinated with sweet teriyaki, tequila, lime juice and garlic, this juicy chicken is smothered with creamy goodness and melty Cheddar. Plus, it’s ready in only 30 minutes from start to finish.
Serve with white or Mexican rice and black beans for a delicious dinner that always delivers.
4. Lovin’ Lemon-Lime Margaritas. Fresh lime. Tart lemon. Just a subtly spicy hint of jalapeño. These crisp and refreshing margaritas are beautifully balanced and a total breeze to make. Since they aren’t overly sweet, they pair perfectly with chips and salsa, too!
Garnish your cocktails with lime wedges or fresh sprigs of rosemary, and invite a few friends over for happy hour on the patio.
5. Flank Steak Tacos. Make it a taco night! Try these tender steak tacos, topped with crunchy slaw, spicy jalapeños and salty queso fresco.
By the way, since the flank steak is marinated with olive oil, tequila, lime juice and cilantro, it packs a ton of fresh flavors. Any leftover steak also makes amazing nachos!
6. Prickly Pear Pink Margaritas. And last but not least, did you know that you can make Prickly Pear Cooler Drink Mix into margaritas? Just add a splash of triple sec and tequila for gorgeous margaritas on the rocks, blushing with watermelon-bubble gum sweetness.
Your turn! How will you celebrate National Tequila Day? We’d love to see your ideas on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram. Whether you’re making margaritas or marinades, we hope you have fun – and give it a shot tonight!