Posted by Jen T on July 28, 2022
Savory. Sweet. Succulent.
Swirling with brown sugar, bourbon and hints of apple cider vinegar, onion and molasses, Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze is one of my favorite secret weapons for quick weeknight meals. It’s absolutely great for grilling in the summertime. And it’s surprisingly versatile, too!
Wondering how you can make the most of it? From burgers to pork tenderloin to chicken breasts, here are a few deliciously delectable ways to sauce things up – all summer long.
8 Beloved Recipes for Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze
1. Bayou Chili Meatballs. Three ingredients – that’s it! Sweet, smoky and sticky, these home-style meatballs are always a crowd favorite for game day, office potlucks and neighborhood picnics.
Since you toss everything into your slow cooker, they are great for summer entertaining – without heating up the kitchen.
2. Grilled Bayou Bourbon Chicken. It doesn’t get any easier – or any more delicious. For a breezy dinner out on the deck, simply brush chicken breasts with Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze during the last 3-4 minutes of grilling.
We love to serve ours with grilled sweet corn, salad and fresh watermelon slices.
3. Bayou Jack Burgers. Want to make the best burgers on the block? Try these juicy burgers, topped with grilled veggies and melty pepper jack cheese – all piled on soft pretzel buns.
Oh, and don’t skip that secret sauce on top. (Just mix 1 tablespoon Bayou Bourbon™ Glaze with 1/3 cup mayo. Seriously, it’s an amazing aioli and topper for everything from burgers to quesadillas to potato wedges.)
4. Bayou Chicken Lettuce Wraps. So quick. So fresh, So light. Perfect for hot summer days, these easy lettuce wraps are loaded with savory chicken, chopped peanuts, crunchy carrots and tons of bold flavors.
By the way, Bibb lettuce works best for lettuce wraps, since it’s tender, mild and fits right in the palm of your hand.
5. Bayou Grilled Green Beans. Love fresh produce from your local farmer’s market? Try this easy recipe for fresh green beans, grilled to crisp-tender perfection and tossed in sweet-sassy sauce.
Garnish with sliced almonds for a little extra crunch, and serve as a side dish with pork chops, chicken or steak.
6. Bayou Bourbon Salmon. Make perfectly succulent salmon every single time. Pour. Bake. Boom.
This is actually one of my family’s personal favorites! In the summertime, we pair this salmon with salad and wild rice for a restaurant-worthy dinner at home. During the fall and winter months, I love to serve it with baked sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Seriously, it’s SO good!
7. Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. Smoky-salty bacon. Fork-tender pork. Sweet-sassy sauce. Unbelievably delectable, this classic show-stopper is ready with only a few ingredients.
Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus for date night at home or a Sunday dinner that even your kids will love.
8. Bayou Chicken & Veggie Noodle Bowls. And did I mention this rich glaze makes a divine stir-fry sauce, too? Toss it with sautéed snap peas, linguine and tender chicken for amazing noodle bowls – ready in only 20 minutes.
Tip: If you aren’t a big fan of snap peas, feel free to customize this dish with broccoli, sweet bell peppers or your other favorite veggies.
Hungry for More?
That’s just the beginning! You can find more than 100 additional recipes for this delicious sauce on Tastefully Simple’s website, too. So no matter where you live, you can bring on – and bring out – a little bit of the Bayou in your own kitchen all summer long.
Happy cooking, friends!