Posted by Laura L on October 11, 2022
These Yummy Mummies are great for snack time or mealtime. They are so easy and can be ready to eat in no time. The English muffin makes a great pizza crust and is the perfect size for little hands.
- Mama Mia™ Marinara Sauce Mix has a little zing and can get a little spicy. If your family likes recipes on the mild side, I recommend using 2 tablespoons of mix instead of the ¼ cup called for in the recipe.
- To keep your English muffins crispy, place them in the toaster and toast to your desired doneness before adding marinara sauce.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings (pepperoni is a must-have at our house) under the string cheese for additional flavor.
These little guys are almost too cute to eat. Almost. These mini mummies would make a really fun party appetizer or a trick-or-treat night snack. This one takes a little more effort to achieve the cuteness but it is worth giving a try. They smell amazing as they are baking and taste as delicious as they smell.
- If you forget to set your cream cheese on the counter to soften, you can soften it in the microwave. Ask me how I know. Unwrap the block of cream cheese, place it in a glass bowl and microwave in 20-30 second intervals until it is soft but not melted.
- Spooning the dip into the pepper halves can get a little messy. Use a plastic zip top bag to create a piping bag. Fill your piping bag with the Artichoke & Spinach and squeeze it into each pepper. This video shows how to make that piping bag.
And now to sweeten things up a bit. We can’t forget dessert. Try this unique spin on one my favorite cake mixes, Nana’s Apple Cake Mix®.
- Let the cake cool a bit before adding the candy eyeballs. If the cake is too warm, the eyes will melt.
- Top the cake with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and sprinkle with Cinnamon Apple Seasoning.
Tastefully Simple has so many Halloween recipe ideas. To see more spooky and sweet ideas, click here.
That’s a wrap!
PS – If you’re looking for a festive drink to wash down these treats, try this Creamy Caramel Apple Cider. And don’t forget to add a plastic spider or eyeball as a garnish.