Posted by Tastefully Simple on February 15, 2023
Dinner parties are back! If you’re hungering for good reason to see your friends again, why not host a get-together over a homemade meal. Here are some tips and ideas to get you started, plus easy dinner party recipes that will get raves from your guests!
- Keep it small. A dinner party is meant to be an intimate gathering, with good food and conversation. Especially if you aren’t an experienced host, plan to invite 4-6 guests.
- Make it easygoing. While bringing strangers together can spark lively conversation, inviting people who already have a relationship contributes to a relaxed and easy mood.
- Cook with confidence. When planning a simple dinner party menu, choose dishes you are familiar with and prepare well. If you are in the mood for something new, do a trial run ahead of the party.
- Consider your guests. You’re likely to have a general idea of your friends’ eating styles and any special considerations (e.g., allergies, vegetarian diet). If you feel guests may be open to trying new things, go for it! If you’ve seen them turn up their noses at unfamiliar foods, play it safe.
- Manage your time. Since the goal of a dinner party is to spend quality time with friends, you may wish to choose easy dinner party recipes that can be largely made ahead so you won’t be stuck in the kitchen cooking while your guests enjoy each other.
Need some ideas for what to serve at your next dinner party? Here are some easy entertaining dinner recipes to try!
Awaken your guests’ taste buds with one or two appetizers.
Select main dishes that will allow you to spend time with your guests, not in the kitchen.
Use sides to enhance and complement your main dish.
Big Finish Desserts
Leave your guests with sweet memories with an unforgettable dessert.