Posted by Tastefully Simple on May 5, 2023
When winter turns to spring, our thoughts turn to lighter, fresher fare for dinner. The season’s best dishes showcase spring produce and early fruits combined in creative ways to add a bit of excitement to even everyday meals.
Tips for Winning Spring Meal Recipes
- Savor the seasonal. Spring is the perfect time to incorporate fresh and seasonal ingredients into your meals, such as asparagus, artichokes, peas, strawberries, and rhubarb.
- Lighten up. With the warmer weather, people tend to crave lighter and fresher meals. Try incorporating salads, grilled vegetables, and lean proteins such as fish or chicken.
- Bring in the bright and bold. Spring is a great time to experiment with new flavors and spices. Consider adding citrus fruits, fresh herbs, and bold spices such as curry, cumin, or smoked paprika to your meals.
- Focus on plant-based. Spring is a great time to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet. Consider dishes such as quinoa bowls, veggie stir-fries, or vegetable-based soups.
- Be a bruncher. Brunch is a popular meal during the spring season. Consider making dishes such as frittatas, breakfast tacos, or homemade granola with fresh fruit.
- Raise a glass to a well-chosen bevvie. Pair your spring meals with light and refreshing beverages such as sparkling water, iced tea, or a light white wine.
- It’s all about the simple. Spring is all about simplicity and freshness. Focus on using a few high-quality ingredients in each dish to really let the flavors shine.
Spring Meal Recipes to Try
Here are 20 fresh and flavorful ideas to bring spring to the table!
The freshness of pineapple brightens this easy baked main dish, ready in 40 minutes. Hint: Toss the chops and sauce together in a gallon-size freezer bag and freeze for later.
What could be easier for busy weekdays? In the morning, pop the roast in your slow cooker and pour the tangy, soy sauce and honey sauce over it, then cook on low 6-8 hours an come home to a savory main dish the whole family will love.
The freshness of pineapple brightens this easy baked main dish, ready in 40 minutes.
Hint: Toss the chops and sauce together in a gallon-size freezer bag and freeze for later.
Freshen up your side salad with this bright mix of baby spinach, feta cheese and tart cranberries with a zesty balsamic dressing.
Let your slow cooker do the work to create this hearty blend of beef, mushrooms, carrots and fresh broccoli bathed in a savory Bayou Bourbon Glaze sauce.
Fresh salads are one of the most welcome signs of spring. This one is a simple, yet distinctive toss-up of fresh-picked broccoli, smoky bacon and sweet raisins in a light dressing.
Who needs a bun when you can have all the deliciousness of a cheeseburger in fresh, flavorful salad form? TS House Sauce is the chef’s kiss.
You have the power to perk up any meal with this protein-intensive, low-carb salad brimming with fresh veggies and seasoned chicken.
Fire up the grill and bring out the skewers! Kabobs are super easy and just plain fun. Thread skewers with pieces of chicken, fresh pineapple chunks and slices of red, bell pepper, then drizzle with succulent Honey Teriyaki Sauce for a grand finish.
Who doesn’t love a cool pasta salad, especially one tossed with fresh-picked veggies, cheese, olives and Italian sausage in a Balsamic & Basil vinaigrette.
Sweet mango sauce finishes this quick and easy stir-fry, loaded with chicken and veggies.
Keto-friendly and low-carb, this easy dish combines seasoned chicken, feta cheese and classic Mediterranean flavors cradled in a crispy-fresh lettuce wrap.
Here’s a side of fries anyone can get behind! Crinkle-cut pineapple slices make a sunny snack dipper for a creamy dip.
Chicken dinner made single-pan easy! Baby potatoes, fresh-from-the-vine green beans and seasoned chicken simmer together in a skillet for an easy anytime meal.
Spring’s signature veggie gets star treatment in this so-easy side! Seasoned Salt, olive oil and lemon juice bring out the bright flavor of the veg, with a dusting of Parmesan cheese to cap it off.
Add a bit of Tex-Mex flair to your favorite wrap with this hearty version, stuffed with spicy chicken, peppers, black beans, corn and rice.
Keto-friendly and low-carb, this skillet sensation mixes succulent shrimp and veggies in a creamy sauce. Serve over zucchini “noodles” for even more fresh veggie flavor.
No need to wait for summer to enjoy the season’s most refreshing flavors! Juicy Mandarin oranges, arugula and orzo in a tangy dressing make a salad that’s light, yet substantial enough for a meal.
Take stir-fry to the next level with this easy skillet meal, bursting with Thai-inspired flavors and fresh ingredients in a tasty peanut sauce.
So sensational! Seasoned chops are smothered in a fresh peach sauce to bring aaahs to the table.