Posted by Tastefully Simple on May 19, 2023
Bridal showers are a welcome opportunity to get together with friends and family to celebrate an upcoming joyous occasion. If you are the host, there are a few factors to consider when picking your favorite bridal party food ideas.
How to Plan a Bridal Shower
Whether you’re expecting a dozen guests or 50, having a checklist in place will help you stay organized and stress-free as you prepare for the shower. Here are some general guidelines:
Three weeks before:
- Plan your menu. See ideas below, and check out tastefullysimple.com/recipes for even more!
Pro tip: Contact your Tastefully Simple consultant for suggestions and ideas.
- Create a shopping list based on your menu.
- Send out invitations by U.S. post, email or Facebook event invite.
- Think about activities and the flow of the event: will there be games? When will food be served, and where (e.g., buffet, seated at a table)? How will seating be arranged? What serving pieces will be needed?
One Week Before:
- Stock up on beverages. If serving cocktails, remember to offer non-alcoholic versions as well.
Hint: Tastefully Simple’s freezer drinks have both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions and recipe variations.
- Purchase party supplies (e.g., decorations, prizes for games).
Two Days Before:
- Make room in the refrigerator and freezer as needed for party food.
- Shop for groceries.
- Assemble décor and party favors as needed.
- Prepare and freeze drink mixes.
One Day Before:
- Set the table and/or other seating arrangements.
- Bake desserts as needed.
- Tip: Tastefully Simple’s baking mixes require the addition of only two additional ingredients at most.
- Mix up any dips and pasta salads to allow flavors to blend overnight.
Two Hours Before:
- Prep other menu items like tea sandwiches, skewers, bruschetta, etc.
- Set out serving pieces.
One Hour Before:
- Arrange sandwiches, skewers and desserts on trays; scoop salads into serving bowls, slice quiches,
- Get ready to party!
Bridal Shower Food Ideas
When exploring bridal shower food ideas to add to your menu, consider the time of day your event will take place. A late morning or early afternoon shower might call for a brunch menu, while for a later afternoon shower, light refreshments like fruits, tea sandwiches, veggies and dip and lighter desserts fill the bill. Consider these categories of bridal shower foods:
- Finger sandwiches: Sandwiches made with a variety of fillings, such as cucumber and cream cheese, chicken salad, or egg salad, are a classic choice for a bridal shower.
- Appetizers: Small bites, such as bruschetta, mini quiches, or cheese and fruit platters, are another popular option.
- Sweets: Desserts are a must at any bridal shower. Options can include cupcakes, macarons, mini tarts, or a dessert bar with a variety of sweet treats.
- Beverages: Champagne, mimosas, or a signature cocktail can be served as a celebratory drink. Non-alcoholic options can include lemonade, iced tea, or punch.
- Brunch items: If the shower is held in the morning or early afternoon, brunch items such as quiches, frittatas, or waffles can also be served.
What Are Finger Foods?
Finger foods are one- or two-bite-sized foods that can be picked up and eaten without silverware. Popular bridal shower finger foods include:
- Mini quiches: These savory mini pies can be made with a variety of fillings, such as spinach and feta or bacon and cheddar.
- Tea sandwiches: Finger sandwiches made with different fillings, such as cucumber and cream cheese, chicken salad, or smoked salmon and cream cheese.
- Skewers: Skewers can be made with a variety of ingredients, such as cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil, or grilled chicken and vegetables.
- Caprese salad bites: These small bites are made with cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil, and are drizzled with balsamic glaze.
- Bruschetta: Toasted bread topped with fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic is always a crowd-pleaser.
- Fruit skewers: Skewers made with a variety of fresh fruits, such as strawberries, melon, and pineapple, can be a colorful and healthy option.
- Mini desserts: Bite-sized desserts such as mini cupcakes, macarons, or truffles can provide a sweet treat for guests without being too heavy.
Best Bridal Shower Food Ideas
When you are ready to start building your bridal shower menu, consider these easy bridal shower recipes:
Fabulous Bridal Shower Finger Foods
Bridal Shower Brunch Favorites
Delightful Bridal Shower Drinks
Super Bridal Shower Salads
Dynamite Bridal Shower Desserts
Looking for more bridal shower menu possibilities? Visit tastefullysimple.com/recipes.
More Bridal Shower Ideas
Easy Party Food
Delightful Dips for Your Next Party
Effortless Appetizers: 30 Easy Finger Foods for Parties