Posted by Jen T on June 28, 2022
Star-spangled fireworks. Sizzling BBQs. Crackling campfires.
Rain or shine, the 4th of July can be one of the best days of the summer. So whether you’re kicking back in the backyard, planning a potluck or spending the day at the beach, take time to relax! It can actually be surprisingly easy to dazzle your friends and family with a few perfectly patriotic party foods.
In fact, here are 10 simple and delicious recipes to show off the red, white and blue!
10 Easy Recipes for 4th of July Parties
1. Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips. Pretty and patriotic, this sweet salsa is filled with juicy strawberries, crisp apples and fresh blueberries.
2. Flag Charcuterie Board. Last year I made this for the first time, and my family was so impressed! All you do is arrange a meat-and-cheese board in the style of an American flag, and if you do it diagonally like I did, it’s SO easy and forgiving. Your rows don’t even have to be straight!
I love serving Sweet Pepper Jalapeño Jam on the side with this, too.
3. Balsamic Watermelon Stars. Wow your guests with these simple all-star apps, stacked with fresh blueberries, mozzarella cheese and ripe watermelon – all swirled with sweet-tangy balsamic. All you need are star-shaped cookie cutters!
4. Star-Spangled Flag Dip. Create this party favorite with a patriotic twist! Loaded with chicken, shredded cheese, sweet bell peppers and black olives, this creamy dip is always a crowd favorite.
Serve with hearty crackers and tortilla chips.
5. Pasta Salad on a Stick. Wait … what? Yes, it’s everything you love about pasta salad on a cute little stick! Drizzled with a light, zesty dressing, these hearty mini skewers are packed with cheese tortellini, grape tomatoes, mozzarella and black olives. So fresh. So festive. So fun!
Pour into a clear pitcher or glasses with ice, fresh blueberries, sliced strawberries and star shapes cut out of fresh pineapple or Granny Smith apples.
7. Strawberry Breeze Margaritas. Prefer something just for the adults? It’s a breeze to make these sweet strawberry margaritas, perfect for warm summer days. Garnish with cocktail picks skewered with fresh blueberries, strawberries or stars cut out of watermelon.
Tip: I like to rim my glasses with coarse salt and then pop them in the freezer until party time. It’s a great way to keep drinks colder longer for your guests!
8. Red, White & Blue Cupcakes. So cute and colorful! For dessert, try these bakery-style cupcakes, topped with creamy white frosting, blue sprinkles and fresh strawberries dipped in vanilla almond bark.
10. Lightened Almond Pound Cake Trifle. Fresh berries. Tender pound cake. Heavenly filling. Light and easy, this classic and creamy dessert is an all-time favorite – without all the calories. It’s always a showstopper, too!
Tip: For mini trifles, use small mason jars instead of a large trifle bowl. So easy to pack, they are perfect for picnics.
Oh, and remember, there are all kinds of additional 4th of July recipes on Tastefully Simple’s website, too. From burgers to salads to desserts, you’ll find everything you need for your backyard bash or patriotic picnic – including free time to sit back and watch the fireworks.
Have a safe and happy 4th, friends!